Damir Skomina has been confirmed as the referee for the Champions League final.
The Reds fought back from a 3-0 first leg defeat to Barcelona in their semi-final while a stunning Lucas Moura hat-trick saw Spurs come back from the brink to go through.
The two sides will meet at Estadio Metropolitano and UEFA have confirmed Slovenian official Skomina will be the man in the middle.
He has taken charge of four matches so far this term – including Liverpool’s 1-0 win over Napoli at Anfield in the group stages.
Skomina was also in the middle for Manchester City’s win over Hoffenheim and Real Madrid’s victory over Ajax.
But his most controversial fixture was undoubtedly Manchester United’s 3-1 victory over PSG in the last 16.
PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe blocked Diogo Dalot’s strike and Skomina consulted with VAR before the penalty was awarded.
Marcus Rashford scored from the spot as United progressed to the quarter-finals.
The 42-year-old was also in charge of Liverpool’s semi-final defeat to Roma last season, which didn’t stop the Reds going through, and United’s Europa League final victory in 2017.
Champions League final officials
Referee : Damir Skomina (Slovenia) Assistant Referees : Jure Praprotnik, Robert Vukan (both from Slovenia) Fourth official : Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain) Video Assistant Referee : Danny Makkelie (Netherlands) VAR Assistants : Pol van Boekel (Netherlands), Felix Zwayer (Germany) Offside VAR : Mark Borsch (Germany)
Mirror Football’s Top Stories
- PSG's Kylian Mbappe to Neymar: 'My biggest dream is to win the Champions League with PSG'
- 7 free agents still available for Premier League clubs to sign this summer
- Final Premier League table predicted in controversial BT Sport document
- Five Real Madrid stars who could be available to Premier League clubs amid mass clear-out
- Britain's Got Talent final draws lowest audience in show's history
- What channel is England vs France? Autumn Nations Cup final TV channel and live stream
- Premier League have two positive Covid-19 tests four days before restart
- Real Madrid CONFIRM Eden Hazard Chelsea transfer: When will his unveiling be?
- Tokyo Olympics: India Beat Defending Champions Argentina 3-1 to Confirm Men's Hockey Quarterfinals Spot
- X Factor final ratings at 10-year low
Champions League final referee confirmed have 369 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.