In this Jan. 25, 2019, file photo, Senate Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer of N.Y., accompanied by Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., left, calls on a reporter during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington. President Donald Trump and Pelosi and Schumer are coming together in search of a plan to fix the country’s crumbling infrastructure. It’s seen as the issue with the best chance for the two sides to work together _ though the odds aren’t good. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File) WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump and Democratic congressional leaders agreed Tuesday to work together on a $2 trillion infrastructure package — but put off for later the difficult question of how to pay for it. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said there was “good will in the meeting” — a marked departure from the last meeting between Trump, Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, which ended with Trump walking out in a huff. Schumer said the two sides agreed that infrastructure investments create jobs and make the United States more competitive economically with the rest of the world. Most importantly, Schumer said, “we agreed on a number.” “Originally, we had started a little lower. Even the president… Read full this story
- Why not to bet on a $1 trillion infrastructure deal
- Thanks to Dems and Trump, this year’s campaigns mostly dodged the real issues
- Dems on Trump trade deal,Kavanaugh: Darcy cartoon
- These Dem & GOP insiders agree NY Times op-ed writer should quit; plus, N.J investigates church: What now?
- Trump agrees to FBI probe of Kavanaugh, bows to Flake, Dems
- The Latest: Dems say FBI’s Kavanaugh report ‘very limited’
- Trump Couldn’t Get Mexico To Pay For His Wall. Now Americans Won’t Pay Either.
- How Fox News Covered A Glorious Night For Handsome Donald Trump’s Triumphant GOP
- Donald Trump Making Sure The Florida Governor’s Race Is All About Him
- GOP, Dems face potholes even where they agree
Dems say Trump agrees to $2 trillion infrastructure tab have 318 words, post on www.nwaonline.com at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.