Vietnamese players (in white) face Indonesia at the AFC U23 qualifier on March 24, 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Ngoc Thanh Vietnam require a win in their last group game against Thailand tonight to ensure qualification for the AFC U23 Championship final next year. Despite winning 6-0 against Brunei and 1-0 against Indonesia, they will probably be eliminated if they lose to Thailand and face a tricky time if they draw. A win will take them to the top spot in group K and ensure automatic qualification. The first-placed team in all 11 groups will get a direct ticket to the tournament where they will join Thailand, who qualify automatically as the host, and the five best second-placed teams. Among second-placed teams, Vietnam is ninth with three points, a goal difference of +1 and two yellow cards since their match against Brunei does not count after Pakistan withdrew from the qualifiers, leaving group F with just three teams. So, to ensure fairness, the results of all matches played against last-placed teams will be scratched. If Vietnam draw tonight, at least five other second-placed teams need to lose their last match for them to go through. Vietnam also have the disadvantage of playing… Read full this story
- VN National TV wins rights to broadcast AFC U23 Championship 2020
- VTV wins rights to broadcast AFC U23 Championship 2020
- Vietnam extend unbeaten run with 3-1 win over Indonesia
- Summer is a Good Time to Visit Vietnam?
- Vietnam ranked among best second-placed teams
- Vietnam move up to second in World Cup qualification group
- Next Media win exclusive broadcasting rights for Vietnam’s World Cup qualifiers
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
Only win against Thailand will guarantee AFC U23 qualification for Vietnam have 286 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.