Repair work on the Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) off Malaysia, which encountered an outage late last month, is scheduled for completion on April 11, Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group said. Maintenance work on the Intra Asia (IA) cable connecting Vietnam with Hong Kong and other parts of Asia will last from March 20 until April 1. Since they are two major internet routes in Vietnam, the simultaneous disruption would severely affect traffic in March, the state-owned company said. Several internet service providers have said they are ready to reroute and transfer signals to other cables to minimize the impacts on users. But it will take users longer to access websites or online services hosted outside the country during peak hours. The APG, installed in January 2017, has broken down at least twice since. It runs 10,400 kilometers (6,460 miles) under the Pacific linking Japan with Hong Kong, mainland China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. It cost $450 million, has a capacity of more than 54 Tbps and promises to double internet speeds in Vietnam and ease its reliance on the notorious AAG, which has broken down or been shut down for maintenance on numerous occasions since 2011…. Read full this story
- Undersea tunnel planned in Hạ Long City
- OneWeb of 600 internet satellites in space
- Hacked iPhone cables let cyber crooks hijack your gadgets – and they look EXACTLY like official Apple leads
- UK minister criticised for failing to condemn Vietnam internet curb
- Vietnam plans laws against fake news, social media rumors
- Electrical cables in HCMC's two districts to be buried underground by 2020
- 'Shame and pain': Vietnam starts to grapple with child abuse epidemic
- Undersea internet cable out of action for another three weeks
- British Marshal Claims Russia Could Cut Off NATO Countries' Internet
- 'Chennai-Andaman submarine cable system project to be completed by 2020'
Internet to slow down in Vietnam on repair, maintenance of undersea cables have 300 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 14, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.