“I am definitely a target. And Erdogan wants me back in Turkey where he can silence me,” he said. The state news agency Anadolu reported that Turkish authorities applied to the international police agency for a red notice to be issued for Kanter for his alleged links to the group blamed for a failed coup in 2016. A red notice informs Interpol’s officers throughout the world about a suspected criminal wanted in one country. The Istanbul chief prosecutor’s office also prepared paperwork seeking Kanter’s extradition, Anadolu said. Kanter, 26, who has been a vocal critic of Erdogan, has remained in the United States while his teammates prepare for an NBA game on 16 January in London against the Washington Wizards. Fear He said he preferred to stay at home because he was worried that Turkish government operatives might kidnap him. Kanter, who moved from the Oaklahoma Thunder to the Knicks in September 2017, says he is often told to keep calm and play ball rather than speak out against Erdogan. However he said he wants to emulate the philosophy of former NFL star Colin Kaepernick, who began kneeling during the pre-game US anthem to protest aginst racial inequality and social… Read full this story
- Enes Kanter leaning toward opting out of Knicks contract
- Prosecutors Push Indictment of NY Knicks Star for Tweets Against Turkish President
- Prosecutors Push for Indictment of NY Knicks Star for Tweets Against Turkish President
- NBA Player Detained in Romania, Says Turkey ‘Canceled My Passport’ Over Political Views
- Jayson Tatum scores 24 points, Celtics edge Knicks 103-101
- An investigation in Anatolia: Turkey's acclaimed Nuri Bilge Ceylan returns with cerebral mystery tale
- What does French center Vincent Poirier bring to the Celtics?
- Film Review: The Water Diviner
- Man sentenced in drunken driving crash that killed 2
- When is Robin Hood out in 2018? UK release date, trailer, cast and plot for the Taron Egerton movie
Knicks' Kanter hits out at Turkey's Erdogan have 307 words, post on en.rfi.fr at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.