The most downloaded free game of the year was the Battle Royale version of Fortnite, which recently revealed it had more than 200 million registered players.
Canadian rapper Drake had the most popular song on the Apple Music streaming service with God’s Plan, while the original motion picture soundtrack for musical The Greatest Showman, starring Hugh Jackman, was the most popular album of the year.
Drake, 32, also saw huge success on Spotify, becoming the platform’s most-streamed artist of this year, with his tracks played globally 8.2 billion times. The artist also had the most-streamed album, Scorpion, and song, God’s Plan.
Elsewhere on the App store, The Driving Theory Test 2018 Kit was named the most popular paid-for iPhone app of the year. WhatsApp was the most popular free app.
TED Talks Daily was the UK’s most downloaded podcast, with Love Island: The Morning After the most popular new podcast.
- The voice of Siri: Atlanta woman breaks silence, claims to be original voice of Apple’s digital assistant
- Apple promises $2 billion command center in Mesa
- Apple deal with Beats Electronics would make Dr. Dre billionaire
- Taylor Swift leaves a 'Blank Space' in Apple Music
- 2014 Geneva Motor Show: Apple CarPlay brings iOS from iPhone to Volvo, Mercedes, and Ferrari dashboards
- Great meals, popular bars and a cool vibe in Beacon
- iTunes at 10: How Apple's music store has transformed the industry
- Tablets now more popular than smartphones for surfing the web
- Apple gets PR boost from Swift scolding
- Apple's big wow moments: a voice speaker and augmented reality
Apple's most popular digital offerings of 2018 revealed have 267 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.