Apple hasn’t yet lifted the curtains on its next handsets, but luxury custom phone maker Brikk already has big plans for the phones.
Rather than just wrapping the devices in a case, Brikk bundles iPhones in its own customised bodies made from luxury materials. The Brikk Carbon iPhone XS (assuming that’s what Apple calls the phones) will start at $9,995 (about £7,650, AU$13,940) and come wrapped in the same carbon fibre found on recent Lamborghinis, Brill explains. The Brikk logo — made from solid gold, of course — replaces the Apple logo.
The carbon iPhone XS Max (or Plus, if you will) will start at $11,995.
Both phones will also be available with custom-made ceramic bodies in either white or black, costing $12,995 for the iPhone XS or $14,995 for the XS Plus.
If you want to go whole hog, however, Brikk can spec you up a handset made from gold and inlaid with diamonds from its “Haute Omni” collection. Prices for that baby aren’t yet known, but you can expect it won’t come cheap.
Brikk has made special versions of Apple phones before, as well as the Apple Watch and Airpods. The phones are, understandably, made to order and won’t be available to buy until Apple’s standard versions hit shelves.
- Samsung responds to reviewer complaints about its Galaxy Fold phone
- Apple iPhone 11 pre-order begins on September 20: Should you consider iPhone XR instead?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone XR: Which iPhone is the better buy?
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max launch event: As it happened
- The 10 Best Bezel-Less Phones in 2019
- Apple’s iPhone 11 Pro is official, with three cameras and Super Retina XDR display
- Apple iPhone 11 Camera Catches Up to Google Pixel (on Paper)
- iPhone X: new Apple smartphone dumps home button for all-screen design
- 8 Phones With the Best Cameras Today
- 10 years of the iPhone, and 10 years of iPhone reviews