The Razer Phone 2 is coming soon, and it looks a lot like its predecessor.
The second version of the gaming-oriented Razer Phone will apparently be announced Oct. 10, according to this invite that CNET just received from the company:
Mind you, it doesn’t actually say Razer Phone 2, but it clearly shows the outline of a phone, and Android Headlines reported the Oct. 10 date for Razer Phone 2 yesterday as well. Oct. 10 would be little less than a year since the original came out, on Nov. 1, 2017.
The first Razer Phone offered a 120Hz screen, and a pair of loud and clear stereo speakers, according to CNET’s review of the device. But other features, like the battery life and camera, didn’t match up to those of the latest iPhone, Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel. The Razer faces competition from other gaming phones like the Asus ROG.
Android Headlines got a hold of an image of the new phone yesterday, which looks pretty similar to the original.
It’s rumored the phone will have up to 512GB of storage and will operate using Android 8.1, or Oreo, according to Android Headlines.
Razer didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Originally published Sept. 13.
Update, Sept. 14 at 1:18 p.m. PT: With Razer’s official invite.
- #STOLENCOLON REPLACEMENTS MAKE THEIR DEBUT IN KANSAS CITY AND NEW YORK CITY
- New Vaquero Neighborhood Debuts at Audie Murphy Ranch in Menifee Saturday, April 20th
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Rock Bridge baseball sweeps doubleheader in season debut
- WIN an Invitation to the 2019 EurAfrican Forum and travel to Portugal to cover one the most prestigious EU-Africa events
- The Award-Winning M3® Mattress by BEDGEAR® Arrives at Levin Furniture Ahead of the 2019 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- Shadae Lawrence dominates in CSU debut, earns Mountain West weekly accolade
- Arcadia Invitational: Two state-bests for Silver Creek star
- Upon reflection, Jackie Robinson’s debut wasn’t a great day for journalism
- Metro Transit rolls out its first electric bus ahead of June debut
- China's leading children's wear made its New York Fashion Show debut