The teaser trailer had all the Doom trappings, giving it away before the title came on screen: Fire, destruction, demons, and more fire. When the developers at Id Software got on stage to briefly discuss the sequel, they said the trailer actually showed Earth, "Hell on Earth." 2016's Doom took place on Mars. While the distinction may not matter much, it's neat (and terrifying) that the fiery demons have hitched a ride to our home planet.
The Doom Slayer — Doom 's protagonist — will be stronger this time around, which suggests more powerful weapons and perhaps more versatile melee moves. It sounds like you will need that extra power, as the demons have not only arrived on Earth, but they multiplied. Doom Eternal will have twice as many demon types. That is good news considering that one of Doom 's shortcomings was the relatively small group of demons to destroy. One of the new demons appears to be some sort of a massive worm.
Get your game on
- Best gaming laptops
- Best gaming desktops
- Best gaming headsets
- Best gaming mice
- Best gaming keyboards
- Best gaming monitors
While Bethesda didn't show any gameplay footage, it promised a full reveal at QuakeCon , the annual conference featuring games under the ZeniMax Studios umbrella. At least we won't have to wait too long. QuakeCon kicks off on August 9 in Dallas. Registration for the event begins on June 29, and attendance is free .
The Doom franchise is known as one of the two that popularized the first-person shooter (the other being Id Software's other major franchise, Wolfenstein). The first game launched in 1993 and was followed up by two successful sequels throughout the next decade. The series took a prolonged hiatus before the reboot launched in 2016 to much fanfare and critical acclaim. Doom perfectly blended old-school shooter ideas with fast and fluid mechanics made possible by current generation consoles.
Bethesda didn't reveal a launch window or which platforms
Let's just hope the multiplayer is better in
Updated on June 26: Added registration link for QuakeCon.
- Here are all the games that support Nvidia's RTX ray tracing
- The best Nintendo Switch games for 2021
- Doom Eternal's next-gen upgrade has Id thinking about the future
- Doom Eternal team cancels planned 'Invasion' multiplayer mode
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games
- Doom Eternal: Release date, gameplay, multiplayer, and all the details from E3 2019
- Doom Eternal Pre-Order Guide: Doom 64 Bonus, New Release Date, And More
- 11 video game characters that will stalk you to the ends of the earth
- The 16 games we’re most excited to play this winter
- "I've seen stuff that literally would be impossible on a PC or a console" – Google details its bold vision for the future of gaming with Stadia
- Leonardo DiCaprio Performances, Ranked From Worst to Best
- The Unbelievable Story Of The Plot Against George Soros
- What Makes a Movie Monster Scary?
- The Best Science Books
- The best Xbox 360 games of all time
'Doom Eternal' Brings Packs of Hellish Demons to Earth | Digital Trends have 566 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at June 26, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.