Since it’s the cheapest of the new iPhone trio, you’d expect the iPhone XR to be the best selling of the bunch, but apparently that’s not how things work in Apple land. According to sources in the supply chain, smaller iPhone assembler Wistron was asked to stand by for rush orders, but after the decision of cancelling the production boost, it is not likely to receive any orders this holiday season.Pegatron has already solved the issue of labor shortage at its plants in China and has made prompt shipments allowing its major brand client to start delievering its new smartphone models in late October, according to company chairman TH Tung.The report, in Nikkei, states that demand for the iPhone XR has been “disappointing”.While Apple had great expectations for the iPhone XR, it’s now ordering more iPhone 8 and 8 Plus models from its partners. However, it is now using only around 45 lines and does not require any additional production capacity. All told, Nikkei’s source claims that overall iPhone XR production may be anywhere from 20% to 25% lower than initial estimates. That’s down 20% to 25% compared to Apple’s most optimistic prognosis.Other iPhone manufacturers face similar issues. And at… Read full this story
- Amazon Fab Phones Fest: Save up to Rs 30,000 on iPhone XR, Galaxy M30, OnePlus 7T and more
- Apple iPhone XR becomes top-selling smartphone globally in Q3 2019: Counterpoint Research
- iPhone XR was the top selling smartphone of 2019: Who else made the list?
- Strong iPhone XR sales highlight Apple's need for a low-cost iPhone SE 2
- Amazon offers the best deals on these renewed iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max units
- Apple iPhone XR Becomes Top-Selling Model Globally In Q3 2019
- iPhone X Release: The Human Cost of Apple's Most Expensive iPhone Ever
- Apple reportedly targeting second-gen iPhone SE launch for early 2020
- Apple Might Take Over iPhone Display Factory
- iPhone XR: Best-Selling Smartphone Through Q3 2019
Apple Reportedly Halts Additional iPhone XR Production have 314 words, post on upbeacon.net at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.