“My mom’s story is like a fairy tale,” the boy said before he fell asleep on the living room sofa. His mother calls him her little angel. They live together in an unpainted shack at the back of a dirt cul-de-sac among trailers and birds of paradise on the outskirts of Houston. Sunshine filtered through the window. The light was at once welcome and bitter, because the rain had only just lifted after Hurricane Harvey in September and much of the city was still flooded. Water had not forced them out of the house, and the boy’s mother, a 42-year-old undocumented woman who requested anonymity for fear of being deported, thanked God aloud; had the floods come, she didn’t know where they would have gone. She had already been deported to Honduras once before and lost her asylum case upon returning to Houston three years ago. Every time she sees someone in uniform she says she thinks she might never see her son again. “Recently, a cop stopped me, and I felt the life leaving me,” she said. “I cried, I cried.” The officer let her go without inspection. Her husband, from Veracruz, Mexico, is also undocumented. He was out… Read full this story
- Immigrants Waiting At The Mexican Border Are At High Risk Of Contracting The Coronavirus, Experts Warn
- Meet the Leaders of the Trump Resistance
- Callista Gingrich casts Trump as guardian of the environment
- Donald Trump will close the southern border to all but 'essential travel' bringing Mexico in line with Canada and all illegals trying to cross will be immediately returned to their country of origin
- PICTURED: Roads crossing from Mexico to the US lie deserted as President Trump shuts down the southern border to slow spread of coronavirus
- Trump administration urged to free migrants as virus surges
- Trump May Have America, But the City Is Still Ours
- Donald Trump explodes in anger after being asked if he is giving false hope to 'scared' Americans by buying malaria drug as he called 'game-changer' coronavirus cure - despite Tony Fauci saying there is NO proof it works or is even SAFE
- Who is the General That US Media Claims Will Be in Control Should the Trump Team Be Disabled?
- Illegal border crossings and lawful travel drop amid coronavirus restrictions
How Trump Moved the Mexican Border North have 376 words, post on www.politico.eu at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.