The true strength of a relationship isn’t tested when circumstances are easy, but when they are dire. Over the weekend, my partner and I embarked on a journey that would test our mettle. Our ability to communicate, compromise, and show patience toward one another is what held us together through the trying ordeal, but one thing is for certain: Going to IKEA with your significant other ain’t no joke. Yes, my partner and I made a trip to IKEA over the weekend, and we’re still together. In order to make this dream a reality, we laid the groundwork for our success before we even entered the store. Here’s what helped our relationship survive. Set Down Ground Rules Going into IKEA without a plan is a recipe for disaster. So when it came time for a trip for a replacement light fixture and a new bookcase, I knew I had to set (and stick to) a budget of $200 that would let us purchase the two pieces of furniture we needed while allowing for a little flexibility for acquiring overlooked items and impulse purchases. Of course, deciding what those extra items would be is its own challenge. We agreed to two… Read full this story
- Meredith and Derek vs. Ross and Rachel: Who Is the Better Couple?
- IKEA agrees to pay $46 MILLION to parents of two-year-old boy who died when dresser fell on top of him in biggest wrongful child death settlement in US history
- Ikea launches its 1st mobile app in China
- Exclusive: Ikea’s CEO says the company is testing ‘everything you can dream of’
- Ikea to pay parents £35m after toddler killed by toppled chest of drawers
- Ikea and the Queen of Sweden are designing homes for people with dementia
- Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle planning to MOVE to Canada? Palace dismisses 'speculation' from friends that royal couple 'could run their office from there or even renounce their HRH titles' after success of Christmas break
- 'It's not great': Jimmy Bartel breaks his silence on marriage split from wife Nadia... as reports claim AFL star has 'already moved on' with Melbourne socialite Lauren Mand
- Harry and Meghan set to make MILLIONS: Couple complain that their Royal roles mean they can't make their own money - despite being worth £34m (and they will still get a huge cash injection from Charles' estate)
- Breaking Up or Making Up: 34 Tips to Guide You
How to Go to IKEA as a Couple Without Breaking Up have 399 words, post on lifehacker.com at March 5, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.