INDIANAPOLIS — Prosecutors filed felony charges on Wednesday against an immigrant living illegally in the U.S. who is suspected in a drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and an Uber driver.Manuel Orrego-Savala, who is from Guatemala and has twice been deported from the U.S., is charged with causing death while driving intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident. The 37-year-old said little during his initial court hearing, responding through an interpreter as the judge explained the proceedings and charges.“He’s very distraught, to say the least,” said his lawyer, Jorge Torres. “He’s very confused.”Investigators said Orrego-Savala was driving a pickup truck that hit Jackson and his Uber driver, 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe, while the men were standing outside Monroe’s car early Sunday along Interstate 70. Court documents allege a blood test conducted at a hospital determined Orrego-Savala had a blood-alcohol level of 0.19 percent, more than double Indiana’s legal limit for driving.The two most serious charges each carry a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison.Orrego-Savala was deported in 2007 and 2009, and was again living illegally in the U.S. at the time of the crash, according to investigators. He was charged late Tuesday by federal prosecutors… Read full this story
- South By Southwest goes on after crash kills 2
- Second victim of Whakatu Drive crash named
- Man charged over death of woman in Bathgate crash
- Man Charged With Fatally Shooting Police Officer and Driver in Queens Highway Shooting
- Doctor, 66, who was watching a MOVIE on his smartphone while driving his Tesla on autopilot crashes into a North Carolina police cruiser
- Heartbroken daughter chatted to bus driver, 60, about his grandchildren just 20 minutes before he was killed in horror crash that also injured 15 as police arrest 24-year-old 'minicab driver high on drugs'
- 10 Years Since We Lost Michael Jackson: A Few Shocking Details From The Day Of King Of Pop's Death
- Man fatally shot by D.C. officer had gun, police say
- Man sought in Portland killing admitted to shooting right-wing activist
- Antifa gunman who 'killed Trump supporter' styled himself as 'security', called protests 'warfare' and was shot during fight at another demonstration - before fatal shootout with federal marshals
Man charged in drunken-driving crash that killed Colts’ Jackson have 360 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 7, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.