A drone pilot appears to have flown an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) into the path of a passenger jet. Video of the incident first appeared in a Facebook group called 1% FPV, posted by a user called “James Jayo Older,” according to PetaPixel. The photography website reports that the video was captioned “Found the SD card.. 1%ers only.” The short video, shot from the perspective of the drone in question, begins with a view of the landscape surrounding McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. Then the camera twists and tips downward revealing a Frontier Airlines passenger plane rapidly approaching. The UAV then dives toward the plane, which swells to briefly fill the field of view before passing narrowly below. It’s unclear from the video just how close the drone came to the jet. Drone pilots and enthusiasts quickly shared and condemned the video outside the group. Richard Gilmore, a YouTube user who routinely posts his own drone footage to his channel shared the video, writing, “An FPV quad racer flies in the Path of [an] Airliner. What a knob. Seriously. This is not a joke. Not CGI, this is real. For a 10 second moment of fame. Even if there… Read full this story
- Babysitter ‘shuts toddler inside washing machine then posts footage online’
- For commercial drone pilots, the sky's the limit now
- Drone pilots will need to pass online exam according to new Transport Canada rules
- How I Failed to Become a Drone Pilot
- Drone pilot races a roller coaster for awesome action footage
- Drone pilots are already getting caught ignoring Super Bowl flight ban
- Sloshed drone pilots in Japan can now be punished with jail time
- Kittyhawk to redesign FAA app for drone pilots
- This online community expands visibility for female drone pilots
- Drone 'flew 150ft from passenger jet'
Drone Pilot Dives at Passenger Jet — And Posts the Footage Online have 304 words, post on www.livescience.com at February 5, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.