Agro-forestry-fishery exports generate 25.7 billion USD in 8 monthsThe agro-forestry-fishery sector raked in 3.13 billion USD from exports in August, raising the total value in the first eight months of this year to 25.7 billion USD, up 7.3 percent year-on-year. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the best performers in the period included rice, fruit and vegetables, key forestry products and seafood. Exports to major markets like the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Republic of Korea (RoK), China, the US and Japan increased significantly over the past eight months. The country exported about 4.4 million tonnes of rice worth 2.2 million USD between January-August, up 6.8 percent in volume and 22.1 percent in value from the same period last year. In August alone, 441,000 tonnes valued at 209 million USD was shipped abroad. China remained Vietnam’s largest rice importer, making up 24.7 percent of the market share. Strong growth in rice export was also seen in other markets like Indonesia, Iraq, the Philippines, Malaysia, Ivory Coast and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Vietnam earned 5.6 billion USD from the export of wood and timber products, representing a year-on-year rise of 12.6 percent. The US, China, Japan and the RoK were the… Read full this story
- Everything you need to know about the new Google News app
- Remains of the Day: Quartz for iOS Delivers the News Through Chat
- Snackr for iPhone reads news blurbs so you don't have to
- China turns up heat on Microsoft in probe of business practices
- How we got to the Switch: a brief history of Nintendo controllers
- Elder Scrolls 6 release date, news and rumors
- The challenges facing UK business radio
- 10 cool things we learned from the PlayStation E3 2018 briefing
- A Brief History of Megyn Kelly Taking on NBC, Before She Was Actually on NBC
- Pssst: Wanna See a Great Business Plan?
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 2/9 have 302 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at February 8, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.