“Black Panther” earned the best-ever opening weekend at the box office ever for February with $192 million over three days and $218.2 million over the four-day Presidents’ Day weekend. It’s also the fifth-best opening ever for a three-day and four-day opening weekend, beating out 2015’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” It looks like everyone took a trip to Wakanda this weekend. Marvel’s long-awaited release of “Black Panther” opened over the weekend and exceeded all domestic box office industry projections. It took in an estimated $192 million over three days and is looking to make $218.2 million by the end of Presidents’ Day, according to boxofficepro.com. That shattered the all-time February opening weekend held by “Deadpool” in 2016 ($132.4 million) and its four-day Presidents’ Day holiday earning ($152 million). The $192 million three-day take is the fifth-best ever, passing “Avengers: Age of Ultron” ($191.2 million). For a four-day opening, the movie is fifth-best all-time, knocking out “Age of Ultron ($204.4 million). Playing on just over 4,000 screens, Disney gave “Black Panther” the “Star Wars” treatment in regards to blanketing the country with its latest release. After its Thursday preview screenings took in $25.2 million – the best-ever for February and second-best out… Read full this story
- Shaft Vs. MIB International at the Box Office: Who'll Win the Weekend?
- Deadpool Vs. Zoolander 2 at the Box Office: Who Wins?
- Tenet Box Office Collection Day 1: Limited Screening Has Nothing On Christopher Nolan's Film
- Tenet Box Office Collection Day 1: Christopher Nolan's Film Opens With Number Below Expectations
- Tenet Failed to Save the Box Office, Now What?
- 'It raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains': British Black Panther star Letitia Wright doubles down on COVID anti-vax video by 'prophet' who asks if vaccine will implant 5G antennas inside people
- Black Panther 2 Won't Recast Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa
- The Croods 2: A New Age Wins Second Weekend Box Office with $4.4M
- Christopher Nolan brings back the audience to theatres with Tenet, now box office wonders are expected from Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman: 1984
- Covid-19: US records most coronavirus deaths in single day, passing April mark
‘Black Panther’ shatters box office records, and is heading toward a huge $218 million Presidents’ Day weekend have 330 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at February 18, 2018. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.