It might be have been just before midnight, but John Lewis finally announced its widest selection of Black Friday deals ever.
From TVs to Dysons to laptops, John Lewis’s discounts are officially here – and they’re everything we expected, with thousands of offers available across categories including technology, home, fragrance and toys.
We’ve rounded up some of our favourites below, or you can browse the whole selection here.
The shopping bonanza also means that many John Lewis stores will be extending their opening hours – you can check when your local one is open until here.
Shoppers should keep an eye on competitive prices for key items and top brands as John Lewis uphold their ‘Never Knowingly Undersold’ policy in a bid to give customers the best possible price during the huge shopping event.
Dino Rocos, Operations Director at John Lewis said: “Black Friday is the busiest and most dynamic day in British retail and we are well prepared to make sure that customers get the products they want, either in our shops or online.
“Last year, Black Friday was the biggest week for sales in our 153-year history with sales up 17.6% year-on-year. This year we have carefully planned for the event to ensure orders can be fulfilled without compromising on the level of customer service and seamless delivery we’re famous for.”
Best Black Friday deals available at John Lewis for Black Friday 2017
Some of John Lewis’ biggest discounts are in it’s technology department. Customers are now able to pick up huge discounts on TV’s, headphones, speakers, laptops and wearable tech.
- Samsung 4K Ultra HD TV, now £349 (save £120)
- Dyson V8 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, £349.99 (save £150)
- Lenovo Ideapad, £129 (save £70)
- Sony MDR1000s noise cancelling wireless headphones – now £249.95 (save £50)
- UE Boom 2 Speaker – now £84.95 (save £45)
- Sphero Star Wars R2-D2 App-Enabled Droid – now £129.95 (save £50)
- Fitbit Alta – now £69.99 (save £30)
- Panasonic 55EZ952B OLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55″ – now £1849 (save £150)
- Google Home Smart Speaker– now £79 (save £50)
- Sony HT-RT5 Home Cinema System – now £299 (save £110)
Kitting out the house? Make sure you check out John Lewis’ appliance deals first. From big name household appliances like Dyson, to Kitchen Aid’s for budding bakers, you’re bound to find a bargain.
- AEG washing machine, £329 (save £170)
- Dyson Hot & Cool Fan – now £249, (save £170)
- Philips Connect Shaver 7000 – now £150 (50% off)
- De’Longhi B Magnifica Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine – now £249.95 (save £170)
- Dyson V6 Animal Vacuum Cleaner – now £199.99 (save £170)
- KitchenAid 150 Artisan mixer 4.8L – now £279 (save £120)
- Samsung RSG5UURS fridge – now £999 (save £650)
Fashion and Beauty
If you’re doing some early Christmas shopping then make sure you check out John Lewis’ reductions on big name brands such as Nike, Jo Malone, North Face and more.
- REN Moroccan Rose & Atlantic Kelp Mini Body Kit, £12 (save 25%)
- Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser, £16.58 (save 15%)
- 17% off fragrances except for Jo Malone and Creed
- Up to 30% off selected beauty brands
- 20% off Adidas, Nike, Ronhill, Speedo, Asics, Lole and Gaiam
- 20% off John Lewis & Co.
- 20% off selected North Face, Helly Hansen, Barts clothing ranges.
Christmas can add up when you’ve got kids, get their presents early and save a pretty penny. There’s money off LEGO, Star Wars and all children’s books.
- John Lewis Country Play Wooden Kitchen, £100 (save 20%)
- LEGO City Cargo Train, £159.99 (save £75)
- John Lewis Toy Waitrose Shopping Trolley, £22.40 (save 20%)
- 20% off all John Lewis own-brand toys
- 20% off all children’s books
- Discounts on Lego including 25% on LEGO Star Wars The Last Jedi 75176 Resistance Transport Pod
Where else can you find John Lewis Black Friday deals?
Designer fashion and accessories – ideal if you’re looking for a designer handbag or new pair of dancing shoes for this year’s Christmas party.
Electrical appliances – whether you want the latest Dyson or a new microwave, take a browse of deals on all electrical items for your home – big and small – during Black Friday.
Furniture – kitting out your home? Save up to 50% off everything from a new bed to some moody lighting.
Toys – parents starting to stock up for Christmas can pick up must-have toys that includes Star Wars Lego sets and Disney dolls at cut prices in the discounts.
Tech and home entertainment – from cheap TVs to discounted tablets and console bundles, bargain hunters can pick up savings of hundreds of pounds on top brands like Apple, Samsung and Sony.
Shoppers can keep their eyes peeled on the official John Lewis Black Friday page.
Top Black Friday shopping tips
Avoid delivery charges . If you’re spending less than £30, you can save on postage with £2 click and collect. Orders over £50 get free UK delivery, orders over £30 qualify for free click and collect.
It may also be worth becoming a Partnership card holder, you qualify for double points at selected times of the year too.
Know your shopping rights BEFORE Black Friday
When shopping online, shops must guarantee a 14-day returns window for non-faulty goods, however on the high street your rights can differ from store to store, explains Which?.
If you change your mind about something you buy, it’s important you know how to find out about your consumer rights and how to exercise them.
If you’re planning to start your Christmas shopping in the Black Friday sales this week, make sure you’re up in the know. Here’s some top tips from Which? to get you started:
- Your return rights may be stronger if you shop online – you are legally entitled to a full refund for a non-faulty, online purchase if you change your mind within 14 days of delivery, but this may not be the case if you bought it in store.
- But, be aware of online scams – it’s always best to double-check the domain name of the website you’re buying from and beware of unusual payment methods, like bank transfers.
- Your return rights for non-faulty products may vary from store to store – whilst some stores may choose to offer a full refund for a product you no longer want, others may disappoint consumers by offering a credit note, an exchange or nothing.
- If you’re shopping on the high street, make sure you check the individual return policy at the till.
- Not all products will be cheapest on Black Friday itself – research found that only 8% of the Black Friday deals we checked from last year were cheapest on Black Friday itself.
- A Sonic costume for serial killers and other weird Black Friday deals
- New Look Black Friday 2017 deals - top tips to help you get the best offers when the shopping event kicks off
- The best Black Friday music deals you can find in 2020
- This is the cheapest Windows laptop you can buy on Black Friday – but you shouldn't
- Spending a lot of time at home? Spruce things up by shopping these Cyber Monday home sales
- Eufy WiFi security pan and tilt cam back at lowest EVER Black Friday price
- Apple’s AirPods Are Marked Down to $129 – the Lowest Price Since Black Friday
- Attention quarantine cooks: Cyber Monday is the best time to buy new pots, pans, and kitchen appliances
- The best cheap Chromebook prices and deals in February 2021
- Best cheap robot vacuum deals for February 2021: Roomba, Eufy, Deebot
John Lewis reveal Black Friday deals that will run until Cyber Monday - and it's their biggest selection of discounts yet have 1216 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 23, 2017. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.