Only days ago, Harvey Weinstein insisted that his wife, Georgina Chapman, “couldn’t be standing behind me more”. Now, after a deluge of allegations against Weinstein culminated in accusations of rape, Chapman has decided she cannot stand behind him any longer. On Tuesday, the 41-year-old British fashion designer confirmed she had left the film producer, saying: “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions.” Her announcement ends a 10-year marriage. But while the scandal engulfing Weinstein, 65, has made him the inevitable focus in recent days, once the dust has settled Chapman – who has two children with Weinstein, India Pearl and Dashiell – will go back to a lucrative career of her own, as co-founder of the designer label Marchesa. The brand is a global powerhouse, claiming to be the most worn label on the red carpet last year. The supermodel Karolína Kurková wore a Marchesa frock to the Met Gala, Heidi Klum wore one to the Oscars, and Katy Perry chose Marchesa for the Cannes film festival. But with her clothes having been highly visible at movie premieres, the question now is whether one of the biggest scandals in Hollywood’s… Read full this story
- ViacomCBS Taking 49% Stake In Miramax For $375M
- Scott Rudin, As Told by His Assistants
- Notes On The Season: Acting Races Tighten; Glenn Close, Maria Bakalova Vie For Oscars & Razzies; Will Disney Rule?
- Why Cancel Culture By Anyone Is Harmful and Wrong
- Today’s coronavirus news: Up to 50 children in GTA hospitals to transfer to Sick Kids; Ontario adding 350 ICU beds
Georgina Chapman: no longer behind Harvey Weinstein, still behind a global brand have 261 words, post on www.theguardian.com at October 11, 2017. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.