I’m not going to lie and say I own one of the 300 Chevrolet Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Camaros—ha—but I can say if I did, and I found some mechanic taking it for a joyride, I would be pissed. That’s the situation a couple in California found themselves in over the weekend, and, you can guess, it did not go well.
Mari Agredano-Quirino and her husband dropped off the special-edition ride at a dealership for an oil change and work on the air conditioner, only to find their car cruising along the road later that day, according to NBC Los Angeles.
“It was kind of heart-wrenching to see it speed up and down the street,” Quirino said.
After the couple was able to catch up to their vehicle, they confronted the employee at the restaurant’s drive-thru.
The chance encounter happened as they were on their way to lunch.
“As we waited at a signal, we saw a car speeding passed us,” Agredano-Quirono wrote on Facebook. “My husband said, ‘babe I think that was our car.’ So we followed it. He was going so fast we couldn’t even catch up.”
The interaction was captured in a painful clip, with the employee clearly unnerved by Agredano-Quirino’s inquiry. From NBC Los Angeles:
The man remained in the driver’s seat and said Quirino was making him nervous.
“As soon as I said dealership, his eyes got wide open and he turned white as snow,” she said.
The employee offered up that it was just “taking it for a test drive,” she wrote on Facebook, confirming the couple’s fear.
The incident wasn’t disputed by the dealership’s owner. NBC Los Angeles reports that he took to Facebook and said: “This is something that’s embarrassing. This is something we do not condone. I apologize this took place and it will never happen again.”
The owner offered money to compensate for the episode, but the couple declined, NBC Los Angeles reports. I feel like I would’ve too.
- Luxury Brand House of Sillage Launches Limited-Edition Lipstick Case & Refill With Diamond Powder
- Video: Chevrolet reveals Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition Camaro sports car
- Jaguar turns its base sedan into a track star with the limited edition XE SV Project 8
- New, limited-edition Flying V guitar named after Fountain Square music store founder
- Daily Drive-Thru: Ford announces limited-edition Focus RS, New York OKs Audi autonomous testing, a Chevy Bolt EV report and more
- Gymboree Debuts Limited Edition Little Golden Books Newborn Collection
- Aston Martin chooses Tom Brady as the face of new campaign, asks him to design limited-edition Vanquish S supercar
- Arby's is rewarding meat lovers with limited-edition Meat Sweats
- Tesla made 200 limited-edition surfboards that cost $1,500 each — and they sold out in just one day (TSLA)
- Campbell's commemorates Eagles' Super Bowl victory with limited-edition soup cans