Play Protect combines several features that are already available for
handsets, and puts them together under the Google Play Protect branding. This includes automatic scanning for viruses and the Find My
feature. The Google Play Protect logo will soon appear on the packaging of every device with the Google Play Store pre-installed. The service has been pushed out to several Android models, and this has led to a problem with Bluetooth on some units.
For some reason, Google Play Protect red flags an app called Bluetooth Share 7.0, mistakenly listing it as being unsafe. This app is then disabled, and users of the
are asked whether they want this Bluetooth Share app removed. When users answer in the affirmative, the app is removed (but not deleted, as you’ll see) and this leads to Bluetooth failing on affected devices. Among the phones losing Bluetooth connectivity in this fashion are the
There is a quick fix, however. Since Bluetooth Share 7.0 is a system app, it can not be deleted, and re-enabling it is the how you can solve this issue. Go to
Applications > Reset Application Settings.
However, this can mess up settings for other apps. While this is a short term fix for the lack of Bluetooth on affected handsets, we should see an official fix rolled out eventually. Stay tuned!
- Fortnite owner gives up battle against Google Play store
- How to use Nearby Share on your Android phone
- Chinese-made drone app in Google Play spooks security researchers
- Adobe's universal camera app isn't going to be as good as you think if you use an Android phone
- “Godless” apps, some found in Google Play, can root 90% of Android phones
- Fitbit devices now ping nearby Android phones for setup
- The best wireless phone chargers for iPhone or Android
- Android security flaw could let attackers imitate any app and steal your login details
- These 29 apps are RUINING your Android battery life – delete them now
- Android 11 update release date, beta, features and everything we know so far
If Google Play Protect messed up Bluetooth on your Android phone, here is a quick fix have 340 words, post on www.phonearena.com at September 11, 2017. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.