Powerful impact of cold front and east monsoon continue triggering consecutive heavy downpours and devastating flood across the central provinces from Thua Thien- Hue to Quang Ngai, warned the National Hydrology Meteorology Forecast Center on December 6.
Meanwhile, a low pressure trough and the east monsoon paralleled at 5- 8 degrees north latitude that is forecast to bring medium- heavy rain and thunderstorm in the southern territorial waters of the East Sea and the Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands.
The heavy downpours inundated houses, and isolated traffic roads in Quang Ngai in the past two days. Schools were asked to close and students stayed at home to protect their lives.
Currently, the floodwater on Kon river of Binh Dinh and Ba river of Phu Yen is rising rapidly. In the next couple days, the flood level will continue increasing in the central river systems from Thua Thien- Hue to Quang Ngai.
Dealing with the complicated weather, the National Steering Committee on Natural Disaster Prevention, Search and Recue sent an emergency message to 41 provinces and cities from Thua Thien- Hue to Binh Dinh and relevant ministries, agencies to require preparation and caution with the upcoming rainy and flooding season.
Dakdrinh Hydropower Plant in the mountainous Son Tay district had to release water.
A span of bridge in Vinh Hy Bay of Ninh Thuan was collapsed by heavy downpours. Fortunately, no one died in the accident.
- Heavy rain, flash flooding, strong winds forecasted
- Thousands evacuated as flash floods, mudslides hit wildfire-ravaged California
- Flash-flood watch issued, residents in Camp Fire area urged to watch for evacuations if storm grows
- Jordan opens shelter as flash flood death toll climbs to 11
- Fire Then flood: Flash Flooding Forces Evacuations Along Camp Fire Burn Scar, Mudslides Also A Threat
- Winter Storm Diego: Over 20 Million People Affected by Snow, Flash Flooding
- Flash flood watch for New Orleans, Baton Rouge metro areas Saturday
- Flash flood watch in effect for Massachusetts as rainfall expected to begin Wednesday night
- Sen. Blumenthal pushes for flash flood FEMA aid
- Camp Fire: Major storm threatens flash flooding, search efforts in Paradise