After he addressed the possibility of returning to his Harry Potter roots, the 27-year-old actor shared his thoughts on important matters like Donald Trump, claims of anti-Semitism in the Labour party, and a not-so-glamorous aspect of Hollywood: discrimination.
Radcliffe deviated from past discussions of wizardry and farting corpses to highlight his views on discrimination, boldly stating that he believes racism is an “undeniable” part of Hollywood today.
“We like to think of ourselves being a very, very progressive industry,” Radcliffe said, “but we have been lagging behind in all kinds of areas that have been very well documented.”
When asked about claims of anti-Semitism in Labour, Radcliffe showed a genuine disbelief in the fact that we as humans are still encountering these types of setbacks today. “I’m amazed any of it still exists, but that particularly…it’s just mind-blowing,” he said in regards to anti-Semitism.
After Radcliffe weighed in on some issues at hand, it only seemed right to comment on 2016 Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Surprisingly, Radcliffe held nothing back.
“It’s fascinating and terrifying,” he said in regards to the current state of Trump’s political standing. “There’s part of me that just kind of can’t believe that this unbelievably wealthy, privileged man has somehow managed to convince people he’s not part of the elite and that he’s a man of the people.”
While it was refreshing to hear some of Radcliffe’s current world views, we will never pass up an opportunity to listen to him chat about his magical Harry Potter past.
As for returning to the role, although he hasn’t officially closed the door on playing the beloved wizard, he was sure to let us all know that it won’t be for quite some time.
“…It’s only been six years and I’m really enjoying just being able to do lots of other stuff at the moment,” Radcliffe said. But don’t lose hope — he mentioned that he might feel differently, say, some thirty or so years down the line. No big deal.
- Daniel Radcliffe Talks Wand Breaking and the Problem with Monkeys on Harry Potter Set
- 'It's unhealthy': Daniel Radcliffe on not joining social media
- Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe signs for Who Do You Think You Are? in heartbreaking story of World War One hero relative
- A Guide to Omarosa’s Trump N-word Tape Allegations
- 'It's anti-white racism': Best actress nominee Charlotte Rampling launches attack on Oscar boycott as top producer dubs protesting stars 'spoiled brats'
- Trump’s convention: Scare the base, then soften the tone
- Melania Trump said ‘I don’t give a f*** about Vogue’ after Beyonce landed September issue cover, Wolkoff tape shows
- Coronavirus isn't a 'Chinese virus' no matter what Trump says
- Rose McGowan Defends Matthew McConaughey's Critique of 'Illiberal' Hollywood
- Putin’s Media Flaunt Obscene Russian Racism and Gloat Over ‘Black Terror’ in U.S.
Daniel Radcliffe talks Trump and racism in Hollywood have 508 words, post on mashable.com at September 20, 2016. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.