WASHINGTON: The United States is talking to Russia and other powers about a new round of international discussions on the crisis in Syria, the State Department said Monday. But no date or guest list has been confirmed for the talks, and the US State Department admitted that the situation was complex and that talks may drag on. “This is about coming together to try to reach a consensus view on what an effective political transition can look like in Syria,” Kirby said. “And that’s complicated,” he added, warning that finding an enduring solution would take time. Responding to reports that the group could meet on Friday in Vienna, Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said: “We’re working on it. “I cannot share any concrete details with you so far apart from the fact that we are actively working with other capitals on Syria to build on the Vienna meeting.” France is to convene separate talks in Paris on Tuesday, but the State Department could not immediately confirm if any US envoy would attend. Syria is in the grip of an overlapping series of conflicts between Bashar al-Assad’s regime, opposition rebels, Kurdish groups and jihadist extremists. Adding to the chaos, a… Read full this story
- US & Europe Preparing Sanctions Against Russia for Fighting Terrorism in Syria
- MARK ALMOND: Could Donald Trump's retreat from Syria spark a global conflict?
- Afrin, refugees, rights: EU-Turkey summit set for showdown
- Transcript: Samantha Power talks Iran with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- Transcript: Samantha Power talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- Map: Every State Accepting and Refusing Syrian Refugees
- Full text of Wang Yi's written interview with Egyptian media
- An isolated Israel seeks closer friendship with India
- Why we must resist Netanyahu and the hawks' reckless push for war on Iran
- The Politics Of Rage: Why Do They Hate Us?
US trying to set up new round of talks on Syria have 314 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at October 27, 2015. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.