As per the latest data published by World Cellular Information Service, Bharti Airtel, with over 303 million mobile subscribers across its operations, has moved up one position in the global rankings.
Bharti Airtel is a telecom service provider with operations in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa.
“This is a major landmark in the journey of Airtel and underlines the strength of our business model and our brand that is loved by customers across 20 countries,” Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman of Bharti Airtel, said.
“Today, we seamlessly manage global-scale operations in diverse geographies and deliver the same world-class services to each customer, this perhaps is one of our biggest achievements.”
Bharti Airtel’s mobile network covers over 1.85 billion people and carried over 1.23 trillion minutes of calls and over 333 petabytes of data in 2014-15.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) in June had released figures about the total telephone subscriber base at the end of April, and said Airtel’s wireless subscriber base stood at 228.25 million. As per figures released by industry body COAI in June, Airtel’s subscriber base at the end of May stood at 229.44 million.
Written with inputs from Ians
- IMC 2020: Airtel CEO calls for global 5G standard; says own standard existential threat
- Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea want “right amount” of 5G spectrum
- Cybersecurity has became a Board level conversation: Airtel CISO at IMC 2020
- More than 1 billion people to have access to 5G coverage by the end of 2020 globally
- More than 1 billion people will have access to 5G coverage by the end of 2020 globally
- HMD Global expected to launch Nokia 3.4 in India this month
- Global shared mobility market to reach USD1.55 trillion by 2030: Report
- Nubia RedMagic 5S gaming smartphone with 144Hz refresh rate available globally
- Airtel has 'good and bad news' for Reliance Jio
- Bharti Airtel’s margins to rise 45% in 2021 driven by ARPU growth: Moody's
Airtel Becomes Third-Largest Mobile Operator Globally have 360 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at June 30, 2015. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.