So this is what next-gen gaming is all about. Just in case you didn’t join the Xbox One/PlayStation 4/Nintendo Wii U in 2013(and hey, you couldn’t be blamed), along came 2014, the year in which video games found new horizons and challenged the bounds of what you can expect from gameplay. There was a new way to an open-world crime game, a new size and scope for role-playing games, a new level of visually stunning reality in Call of Duty, and a new brand of addictiveness in iPad gaming. Even those venerable consoles, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, produced a few last-gasp hits in what was a banner year for the gaming industry. So as 2014 rolls to a close, let’s count down the top 50 video games of the year. 50. Freedom Wars The PS Vita isn’t completely dead, thanks to this satisfying Monster Hunter clone. 49. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker A quietly charming puzzle-solving title for the Nintendo Wii U. 48. Titanfall This Xbox One exclusive failed to be the game-changing shooter it wanted to be. But its attempt to tell a story in multiplayer may inspire other titles in the future. 47. WatchDogs WatchDogs falls well… Read full this story
- How did Bill Roache's daughter die? Coronation Street star 'utterly heartbroken' after Vanya passes away aged 50
- The Complicated Reality of John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette's Short but Legendary Relationship
- Thousands of airline passengers stranded by blizzards, power cuts at terminals, widespread road closures, pileups on icy roads and 'historic' storms cause Thanksgiving getaway CHAOS for millions
- Hero goalkeeper helps England beat Colombia in FIRST EVER victorious World Cup penalty shootout as his childhood sweetheart looks on and tickets for Sweden quarter-final match sell for £700
- High streets brace for Black Friday sales flop as 11m shoppers hunt bargains online with spending set to reach £2.5 BILLION, survey reveals
- 'The things we do for a good deal on the kids' Christmas presents': Black Friday bargain-hunters queue from 3.50am to start their shopping with some stores slashing prices by as much as 80 per cent
- Devastated partner of Bill Roache's daughter Vanya reveals she died from liver failure
- Grieving Coronation Street star Bill Roache spotted for first time since daughter Vanya's death after 'returning to work'
- Malia Bouattia's election as NUS president proves deeply divisive
- Politics, pornography and Pakistan: How the three Ps are interlinking in India's WhatsApp groups
The Daily News’ Top 50 Video Games of 2014 have 389 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 23, 2014. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.