The next Mass Effect game will reference the series’ existing trilogy, BioWare has said, although there’s still no clear confirmation of when the new title will be set.
One of the key questions surrounding the recently announced Mass Effect 4 is where the franchise can go after Mass Effect 3’s ending.
BioWare Edmonton and Montreal boss Aaryn Flynn has opened up to Eurogamer on how he and his team are going to handle this, suggesting the new adventure will reference the three outstanding games that precede it, but we still don’t know exactly where or when the new game will be set.
“I can’t get into that too much. We’ve got a really cool idea for how we’re going to carry on – keep the trilogy separate but at the same time give a bunch of nods to fans who enjoyed the trilogy in the past,” he teased. “That’s all going to come out soon.”
BioWare has already stated that Shepard will not appear in the next game, and that your previous companions are unlikely to return either.
“Hmm,” Flynn mused when asked about returning characters. “Definitely returning races. It wouldn’t be a Mass Effect game without the krogans – we showed a krogan today.”
In an interview with IGN the lead writer for the third installment of the series Mac Walters mentioned that the game would still have to feel as if the characters were in the Mass Effect universe even if new ones would be introduced to the franchise.
“Well, I can’t get into details, but the idea is that we have agreed to tell a story that doesn’t relate necessarily to any of the Shepard events at all, whatsoever,” he said.
“That’s what we’ve been deciding for a while. But throughout it all, one of the key things is that it has to be Mass Effect. It can’t just feel like a spin-off. It has to feel like a Mass Effect game at its heart, at its core. Just without the Shepard character or the Shepard specific companions.”
Upon announcing the game, Bioware confirmed that the game would take place in an entirely new part of space. “One of the things that fans have told us most about what they want in the next Mass Effect game is to go somewhere new and to move forward. We’re taking you to a whole new region of space,” said a member of the team.
Mass Effect 4 will run on the same Frostbite 3 Engine that powers most of E3′s top-tier releases these days, including Battlefield 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront.
- Teaser trailer released as Super Smash Bros heads for Nintendo Switch
- Taylor Swift wows as a naked sex robot in new teaser trailer for Are You Ready For It video
- Donald Glover's Lando steals the show in Solo teaser trailer
- Is this the John Lewis Christmas advert for 2017? Twitter users spot teaser trailers ahead of release
- Netflix launches bizarre and eerie teaser trailer for new futuristic sci-fi thriller, Altered Carbon
- WATCH: Star Wars Han Solo movie teaser trailer
- WATCH: First official trailer for Broadchurch 3 is released
- 'Star Trek: Picard' trailer unveiled at Comic Con
- When is Avengers: Infinity War coming out? UK release date, cast, storyline, trailer, age rating and runtime
- FIFA 18: EA Sports add one-man kick-offs for FIFA 18’s release
Bioware Releases Teaser Trailer For Mass Effect 4 have 564 words, post on www.i4u.com at June 10, 2014. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.