Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 4 event opens the floodgates for questions about the hardware and forces us to consider what must be included this go-around. Sony’s February 20 event in New York City will likely mark the announcement of the PlayStation 4 and simultaneously usher in the next generation of console gaming. (Sorry, Wii U, but you’re more last-gen than next-gen.) Rumors mills are also churning out details confidently declaring that the Xbox 360 successor will also see the light of day before June’s big E3 gaming show in Los Angeles. Perhaps the biggest news? Both consoles could make their debuts — gasp — this year. That’s a hyperspeed acceleration in the gaming world, where a console’s release is often 12 to 15 months after its initial coming out party. You’ll remember about six-and-a-half years ago Microsoft beat Sony to the punch by pushing out the albeit dead-on-arrival (see: red ring of death) Xbox 360 in November of 2005, while Sony followed suit a year later with the PlayStation 3. In a move akin to posting “first!” in the comments section of a new YouTube video, Sony has made sure the PlayStation 4 gets first crack in 2013. Whether or not…
- PS5 Release Date NEWS: Sony PlayStation updates and latest developer gameplay comments
- PS5 Release Date News: BIG Sony PlayStation PSN update and latest dev gameplay comments
- PS5 Games UPDATE: Release Date news suggest Avengers PS4 game could come to PlayStation 5
- PS4 system UPDATE: Sony removing HUGE PlayStation feature ahead of new 7.00 firmware
- PS Vita: Sony to cease production of handheld PlayStation console
- PS Plus October 2018 games – what are the free PlayStation Plus PS4 titles next month?
- PlayStation bows to pressure and confirms test for Fortnite cross-play
- Google Yeti Games Console: FIRST GAME of new PlayStation, Xbox, Switch rival REVEALED?
- PS Plus August 2018 UPDATE: Good news and FREE Netflix deal for PlayStation Plus gamers
- PS Plus August 2018 UPDATE: Good news with FREE Netflix deal for PlayStation Plus gamers
PlayStation 4: What we expect, what it needs, and why have 315 words, post on at February 18, 2013. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.