This is the eleventh and final installment in a series on building a Web site for your small business. Part 1 looks at essential elements of a business Web site. Part 2 offers basic site design guidelines. Part 3 tackles some advanced design issues.Part 4 examines social media tools for building traffic.Part 5 compares outsourcing with doing maintenance work in-house.Part 6 offers tips on marketing your site. Part 7 covers analytics for measuring effectiveness.Part 8 delves into content management issues.Part 9 investigates security and transaction processing.Part 10 discusses issues concerning customer privacy.Ask Jennifer Derrig if she can tell you her return on investment (ROI) for her Web site, and she has the numbers at the ready.”I look at it the way I would a physical storefront. If I went out to get a retail space in a prime location, it would cost me (US)$5,000 a month,” she told TechNewsWorld. “I pay less than $600 for Homestead, including the URLs.”From that point on, the math is simple: She takes her monthly sales numbers, (which just happen to tracking at 40 percent higher than her previous year’s sales), subtracts her Homestead and advertising costs (along with any other basic business expenses such… Read full this story
- How to Build a Small-Business Web Site, Part 4: Web 2.0 Tools
- How to Build a Small-Business Web Site, Part 7: Analyze to Optimize
- Small Business Web Holdouts: Unsearched, Unfound, Unfulfilled
- OnePager, a Startup Making Websites Easy for Small Business
- Does E-Commerce Have Anything to Offer Small Business?
- Report: B2B Web Sites Fail Usage Test
- Dell Small Business is selling the unlocked Nokia 5230 for $116
- 4 Tips for Entrepreneurs to Get the Word Out About Their Small Businesses
- Will Trump Tax Cuts Benefit Your Small Business?
- Fundbox Wants to Be PayPal for Small Businesses
How to Build a Small-Business Web Site, Part 11: Roping In That Rascally ROI have 298 words, post on www.ecommercetimes.com at April 30, 2009. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.