TV Guide’s Chloe Tse article dated 05-27-2008 reports tremors in Oprah’s media empire.According to TV Guide Winfrey’s new-age spiritualism and political persuasion is jeopardizing her marketability in the media, thereby diminishing her status.Perhaps Winfrey’s longtime reign over the media is coming to an abrupt end. For so long revered as nearly a saint because of her uplifting programming, Oprah is now beginning to receive criticism for her views. It has often been said that one should not talk about their religion and politics. Oprah is defying the odds and daring to do both.I salute her for her authenticity and boldness to express her individuality. Yet doing so is simultaneously hurting her marketability. Nevertheless on the flip side of that argument, we do well to remember that controversy does sell. Who knows the queen of TV could remake herself into an activist for worthy causes and a voice against social injustice. Nobody can dispute Oprah has done and is doing a lot of good in the world. And with such influence why shouldn’t she let her voice be heard?The New York Times says Oprah’s choices are gaining skepticism and audiences are tuning out. According to Nielson Media Research, for the third… Read full this story
- Apple TV+ Guide: Complete List of Every Movie and Show Coming November 1
- The Crown comes under fire for plotlines making Princess Anne a racy man-eater and hints at the Queen having affair
- The Best Writing on TV Is on
- BH90210 finale: The show's fate is revealed as relationships crumble and secrets revealed as Denise Richards arrives ahead of cliffhanger ending
- 'I don't care what you say about my hair!' Jesinta Franklin insists that she isn't bothered by people criticising her appearance
- Who is the Angriest Mary, Queen of Scots? A Ranking
- The Best-Directed Show on TV Is
- The Definitive Guide to 2019’s Deluge of New Christmas Movies
- 5 Star Wars TV Series We Want to See
- Apple brought Oprah, Spielberg to its stage, but is it enough to paper over its Services' flaws?
NY Times & TV Guide Say Oprah's Empire is Crumbling and the Queen of TV is Falling Off Her Pedestal have 341 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 29, 2008. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.