Van Phong zone attracts 52 projects
KHANH HOA – According to Van Phong Economic Zone’s management board, 52 investment projects, of which 24 are from foreign companies, have poured a total of US$13.4 billion into the area.
Major investors including Posco Group from South Korea and Temasek Holdings from Singapore have inquired about further investments in Khanh Hoa, say officials.
The zone’s management board has accelerated site clearance and infrastructure construction to encourage more sound investments.
VietSteel invests $200m in 3 projects
VUNG TAU – Incombank signed a US$200 million loan agreement with VietSteel JSC last Thursday.
The cash will be used for three projects in Phu My 1 Industrial Zone, Vung Tau City: the Phu My Port, a smelting furnace and a steel rolling factory.
The loan represents 70 per cent of the total investment capital.
Agriculture fair opens this week
HA NOI – The International Agricultural Fair (AgroViet) 2007 is scheduled to be held in Ha Noi from September 26-30 with the aim of introducing Viet Nam’s agricultural potential to the world.
Entitled “Vietnamese Agriculture – Integration and Development,” the fair will feature more than 300 booths, showcasing the latest in agricultural technologies and achievements, as well as honour successful agribusiness.
On the fair sidelines, exchange programmes, festivals and seminars on opportunities and challenges facing youngsters in rural areas and investment promotion with Taiwanese businesses will be held.
Powdered milk prices still on the rise
HCM CITY – The price of some foreign powdered milks have continued to rise by 5 to 15 per cent since the beginning of the month.
Enfapro, Meiji, Lactogen and Mead Johnson brand powdered milk on September 18 increased their prices by 5 to 10 per cent.
Although there are rumours of a decrease, it is unlikely that powdered milk will see any price cuts in the near future.
Hue approves golf course project
HUE – A 36-hole golf course construction project covering a site of 145.9ha with a total capital of VND237.3 billion (US$15 million) has been approved by Hue People’s Committee.
The project includes a 36-holed golf course, 4 hotel clubs, 50 service counters, 7 ecological villages, 2 folklore playgrounds, available for 300 to 500 visitors per day. Thien An Joint Stock Co is the investor of the project. — VNS
- NEWS.am breaking news in a video: 24.09.2018
- London provides the stage as Modric looks to split up Messi/Ronaldo double act
- Luka Modric ends the Messi/Ronaldo debate but neither turn up to hear the answer
- 7 shows to see in the next 7 days, including ones by Tom Odell, Tom Robinson, Big Country and Tony Hadley
- If you have you one of these surnames you could inherit a fortune
- Crooked motor home dealer from Topsham is jailed after ripping off customers
- Children have fun at Redbridge Jewish Community Centre-run summer camp
- Beer Regatta prepares for a week of fun with new person in charge
- ‘Keep off the grass’
- Cemetery closed to new burials due to water problems